The future may not be exactly as we imagined it after we watched “Back to the Future Part II”, but one thing we do have are cloud-based voice services. Music, news, food delivery and more are all available at your command thanks to Amazon Alexa.
Alexa can do just about anything, but did you know that your favorite cloud-based voice service from Amazon can help you find your phone?
With the TrackR Find My Phone Skill for Amazon Alexa, your phone is just a voice command away.
“Alexa, ask TrackR to find my phone.”
It’s that easy.
How does the Find My Phone skill for Amazon Alexa work?
You can use the Find My Phone Skill for Amazon Alexa to ring your phone whenever you need help finding your phone. Alexa will ring your phone loudly – even if it’s on silent! If your phone isn’t at home, Alexa will give you the address of your phone’s last known location.
Watch the video below to see the Find My Phone Skill in action.
Get started in six easy steps
1. Enable the TrackR skill within the Amazon Alexa app or simply say, “Alexa, enable the Find My Phone Skill.”
2. Download the free TrackR app from the App Store or Google Play.
3. In the TrackR app, select “Add New Device” and choose “Alexa Integration” to begin setup.
4. The TrackR app will prompt you for a pin, ask Alexa for your pin by saying, “Alexa, ask TrackR for my pin.”
5. Enter your six digit pin in the TrackR app and click “Submit” to complete setup.
6. To find your phone using the Alexa skill, simply ask, “Alexa, ask TrackR to find my phone.”
You’ll be finding your phone in no time after you setup the Find My Phone skill for Amazon Alexa. Where’s the strangest place you’ve found your phone? We’d love to hear your story! Email your phone-finding epic to firstname.lastname@example.org.