As you enjoy your day off from school and work today, take pride in celebrating! Rather than waste the day away, use this hard-earned holiday as an opportunity to learn, spend time with your loved ones and be outside before the weather gets cooler. Here are some specific ways to celebrate Labor Day today.
1. Learn about the holiday. Why it's in September, what it signifies, who the founder is, the conditions were like, etc. Did you know that there is disagreement about who actually proposed Labor Day as a holiday? Some say it was Peter J. McGuire, who was the cofounder of the American Federation of Labor. Others believe that it was Matthew Maguire, a machinist.
2. Get together with family. These are the people you truly care about, so what better way to appreciate that sentiment than being with them? BBQ, beach or just spending time at home.
3. Don't be afraid to be festive. Wear your red, white and blue - bake/create treats that involve our flag or colors and express yourself.
4. Enjoy the day off. While we didn't contribute to the fight against labor conditions and wagers, it is a nice reminder to take time for yourself and unplug.
5. Get outdoors. What better way to celebrate freedom and historically poor labor conditions than to take advantage of the great outdoors. Bike, hike, walk or run! Keep your TrackR Bravo right on your gear to make sure that an impromptu swim doesn’t leave you without your belongings!