Looking to relocate with your best companion? Check out the top dog-friendly cities who understand the importance of keeping your four-legged roommate active and accepted. No matter where you are, keep your dog safe and secure with TrackR Bravo and its waterproof case!
1. Albuquerque, NM: This southern city has over 33,000 acres worth of dog parks, and with the dry weather and little rainfall, your pooch can be worry-free when it comes to weather-induced roadblocks.
2. Seattle, WA: While this Northwestern hub certainly has its fair share of weather woes, that doesn’t stop them from acclimating to the needs of your dog. They offer indoor dog parks, owner-pup tandem fitness classes and even a dog-inclusive ice cream cruise!
3. San Diego, CA: This beach town loves its animals, and dogs are treated especially well. They celebrate National Dog Party Day and dog-friendly beaches take on a whole new meaning with the annual Dog Surf-a-Thon.
4. Tucson, AZ: It isn’t a surprise that the sunniest city in America would be a great place for dogs. Enjoy many outdoor, dog-friendly dining options in addition to an array of housing options with large yards and good neighborhoods.
5. Minneapolis, Minnesota: This midwestern region is equipped with tons of adventurous hiking trails and dog-friendly events. Dining with your pup is socially acceptable at most places and even offers tons of dog-friendly hotel options within the Twin Cities.
6. Portland, OR: With the most dog parks per capita, this city treats dogs like celebrities. Events such as the Pug Crawl and Pitbull Parade are made especially to honor the friends we can’t live without.
7. San Francisco, CA: Ranked 2nd nationally for “walkability with your pet,” this busy city has 27 dog parks and miles worth of hills to keep you and your dog in great shape.
8. Austin, TX: Does your pooch love the water? Austin has Red Bud Isle - an exclusive dog-only swimming hole full of furry friends. This city has doggie food trucks, outdoor dining and easy-to-get-to parks.
9. Phoenix, AZ: This weather-friendly city is home to many retirees and families who love their pets! With events like Bark-in-the-Park, the Arizona desert treats dogs with the right kind of warmth.
10. Boston, MA: Despite the city’s ebb and flow of inclimate patterns, Boston truly makes an effort for dogs. Subways and boats are paw-inclusive, and there are even “yappy hours” that allow you to celebrate the end of your workday without leaving your dog behind.